Oxford, baby!

Just got back from my trip to Oxford and I’m soooo tired! I took the mammoth 3 and a half hour X5 bus journey each way, and payed £2.50 in total for it, thanks to megabus.com (£1 each way and 50p booking fee). It was good to see lots of people again, especially Jim who I’d not really seen since the summer, although he was quite ill most of the weekend unfortunately. I hope I don’t catch anything!

Anyway, I arrived on Saturday afternoon and had a bit of a catch-up with Jim. I then went round to Anna’s for a while to catch up with her; she has a really nice room in a house just outside Magdalane college. I then met up with Jim and Jo and walked to a girl called Roh’s house where Jim’s Italian/Welsh friend Nick cooked some wonderful Italian food. I also met with quite a few of Jim’s other friends and Roh’s housemates. It was a good evening and we waddled home rather stuffed!

On Sunday morning, I went to St. Aldates with Jim and we met up with Esther there. Jim didn’t feel too well so myself and Esther went out for a bite to eat before I ran off to Ben’s baptism. I really did run, because I’d only just found out that what I’d previously been told was 3pm had turned into 2pm. The service was good and I’ve put some photos of the event on my photo gallery.

After that, I went to Tom’s to talk about the ISEC interviews which we were to give on Monday. I then stopped by Nat’s place for about half an hour before heading back to Braisenose for a formal hall with the choir, including many of the guys I had met the night before. After that, myself and Jim went out to the Turf for a quick pint before running back to Braisenose JCR just in time to catch 2 hours of the new season of 24. It was really amazing!

On Monday, I was pretty knackered after doing 7 interviews and going out with Tom and Nat for lunch. The only other person I really wanted to be able to meet up with whilst I was in Oxford was Adele, also from my China team in the summer, although she was ill over the weekend 🙁 She says she’s better now I’m gone, though. The journey back was rather arduous as we went round all the villages on the way back to Cambridge. Felt rather travel-sick but still managed to do quite a bit of ISEC work on my laptop.

One thought on “Oxford, baby!”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *